Hi Tara

Well done on getting your first plugin building! Feel free to create a
new wiki page. You could also consider putting your experiences
together as short tutorials on the http://blog.qgis.org. Your work
will probably reach a wider audience there.

Also in the future we (ok probably python gurus like Martin & co)
could probably provide some kind of integrated development environment
embedded in QGIS so that you can avoid the command line all
together....give it some time as its still early days in the QGIS
Python bindings development.

Regards

Tim

--