Hi

2008/2/20, Agustin Lobo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Some questions on Metadata:
>
>  1. Is it posible to edit the metadata displayed in
>  Properties/Metadata ?
>  For example, after opening a multiple geotif file,
>  I have in the metadata:
>
>  Band
>  1 : Gray
>  Band No
>  1
>  No Stats
>  No stats collected yet
>  Band
>  2 : Undefined
>  Band No
>  2
>  No Stats
>  No stats collected yet
>
>  and so on for 6 bands.
>
>  I wish to edit and set the correct values.

Editing the metadata is not currently possible.

>  2. Can the metadata information be exported so that it can be consulted
>  and edited using a metadata editor? We want to add our
>  layers to a catalogue and we would save a lot of time
>  if the information displayed by QGis could be exported to a file.

Possibly this could be done with a little python I guess. Currently
there is no export option though this would not be hard to add.

>  3. Could we have in the future a tool to search (in the
>  disk or in a web server) all available
>  layers for a given geographic region, see some brief info
>  on each layer, perhaps a quicklook and then be able to select
>  and add to the QGis display?

I have a data cataloguing plugin in the works that scans your disk for
GIS files, builds a catalog, lets you categorise files and then lets
you add files to the project. It will be a month or so before its
ready to use and probably wont do everything you want in its first
version. I'll let you know when its ready for testing.

Regards

Tim

>  Thanks!
>
>  Agus
>
>  Dr. Agustin Lobo
>  Institut de Ciencies de la Terra "Jaume Almera" (CSIC)
>  LLuis Sole Sabaris s/n
>  08028 Barcelona
>  Spain
>  Tel. 34 934095410