On  Mon, 16 Feb 2004 at 11:32:25,  wrote:
(ref: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>)

>On 15 Feb 2004 at 22:15, Tony Firshman wrote:

>> >Unfortunately I have no second PC so I can only measure from PC to Q60 and
>> >vice versa.
>> I am sure I have such a card.
>> I will fit it in one of the nine PCs here tomorrow (5 run 24/7!) and
>> test.   It may not be until the evening.
>
>Many thanks!
I did have an NE2000.
However I am haivng trouble under W98.
It is not pnp but W98 found and installed it with NE2000 compat driver.
It though did not show up on my switch.
I connected the 'default' jumper, and it now show the 10mbps conneciton
LED, which flashed reassuringly on startup.
It also show up as working under device mgr.
However it is not finding my network.

Any ideas?  I have played with a few IRQs.
Default was 3, and it is now:

IRQ 9
I/O 0300-031F

All was fine with the existing pci card, which I removed.

>> What is Ethereal?  Will a stop watch do?
>
>It will be difficult with a stop watch. Ethereal is a fine network
>protocol analyzer. If you have one of the usual Linux distros installed,
>you're likely to already have it. BTW it's free software, and easily
>ourperforms commercial tools that cost > 1000 EUR.
>
>http://www.ethereal.com
It wasn't (under debian) but I have now installed it (using apt-get)

--
         QBBS (QL fido BBS 2:252/67) +44(0)1442-828255
     tony@<surname>.co.uk  http://www.firshman.co.uk