On 6 Apr 2004 at 21:18, Dilwyn Jones wrote:

> This is something we don't have much of on the QL scene - automatic
> software updates. On the whole we replace the entire program package
> by overwriting it, or replace a few files such as the main executable.
> If we are lucky, the configuration is held in a separate file and so
> settings are preserved after the update, but on the whole we have to
> start from scratch much of the time with a software update.

I tend to disagree with that. Any program that uses config block level 2
can be configured in a matter of seconds to use the old config data!

wolfgang

  • ... Dave P
  • ... Wolfgang Lenerz
  • ... Wolfgang Lenerz
  • ... Roy wood
  • ... Wolfgang Lenerz
  • ... Roy wood
  • ... Wolfgang Lenerz
  • ... Malcolm Cadman
  • ... Roy wood
  • ... Dilwyn Jones
  • ... Wolfgang Lenerz
  • ... "Phoebus R. Dokos (Φοίβος Ρ. Ντόκος)"
  • ... Wolfgang Lenerz
  • ... Roy wood
  • ... "Phoebus R. Dokos (Φοίβος Ρ. Ντόκος)"
  • ... Roy wood
  • ... Tony Firshman
  • ... Mike MacNamara