In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Jeremy Taffel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
<SNIP>
(the IT dept  still haven't found a way of
enabling the spell checker in MS Office).
Sounds like an inept IT support team. EXCEL has excellent sharing capabilities if it is turned on. We use it all the time at work.
I have built several wireless systems and not had a problem yet. At one
point at home I had three machines talking and they were XP on my
laptop, 2000 on the desktop and 98SE on my wife's machine.

I've built several too. That is the only time I have had a problem and I don't know why. Possibly one of the cards was defective; or perhaps it was the drivers, or perhaps it was a conflict with something else on the system.
One defective component in a network will bring the whole thing down. We had to sort out a multi user system which directed mail to the wrong inbox and constantly hung when accessing files. It turned out to be a defective switch on one of the nodes. Of course the users blamed the software.
--
Roy Wood
Q Branch. 20 Locks Hill, Portslade, Sussex.