On  Mon, 14 Jun 2004 at 14:41:38, gwicks wrote:
(ref: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>)

>I am hoping to update the QL2004 website in about a week's time, so if there
>is any information you would like included please let me know. In particular
>if you have anything to demonstrate or are developing. We can make
>arrangements for such things on the day, but it is better to have some
>notice.
>
>Now a little preliminary information:
>
>HOTELS: One or two people have commented on the excessive prices. Please
>remember Eindhoven is more a business city than a tourist city and you can
>probably negotiate weekend prices. Last Friday I stayed in a 4 star hotel
>with a quoted price of 99 to 270 Euros and paid only 45 Euros.
Roy and I stayed in Novotel (near the airport) for 68 Euros for both of
us, including a very good buffet breakfast.
It is a much nicer place than Eindhoven Motel - or 'Eindhoven Hotel' as
they now call it.
I arrived for breakfast saying (to Roy) I was not hungry and didn't want
to pay the advertised 14 Euros for breakfast.  I went to pay, and found
it was included (in the internet booking deal) so I quickly became quite
hungry!
... so 34 Euros beats Geoff by a mile (or is it kilometre).

>Q60: Unfortunately there will be no official Q60 representation at the show.
>This is a pity because Peter Graf has made some good progress in
>implementing emailing and internet access using QDOS classic on a Q60. This
>fits in well with the show theme, and I hoped he would be able to
>demonstrate this, but unfortunately he is on holiday on the day.
... but where are the two Ds?
Do you read the list Dennis and Derek?
You really ought to come, and it would be nice if you advertised in the
_free_ emailshot.
You might even sell something (8-)#

>APRES SHOW: One of our big difficulties is that we cannot estimate numbers
>attending the show. This has repercussions for the traditional post-show
>Chinese-Indonesian buffet. At the moment few people have expressed an
>interest in this and we are inclined not to make a formal booking.
This buffet is very cheap  (15 Euros including two beers for me this
time) and is highly recommended.

--
         QBBS (QL fido BBS 2:252/67) +44(0)1442-828255
     tony@<surname>.co.uk  http://www.firshman.co.uk