> > TK2 copyright will not expire until at least 2010 (I believe that it
> > was  made available in 1985) however IIRC TK2 has been released to the
> > public  by TT... Of course I may be wrong on the latter. (TT?)
>

> IIRC the TK2 version that is on Dylwin's emulators CDROM is OK to use
> with emulators. I had asked this TT and Jochen, but Dylwin should know
> better.
>
> Arnould
IIRC, it was only ever permission for inclusion on the QL Emulators CD for
use with the emulators on it. I don't think it would allow me to supply it
in any other way (e.g. PD library or website) or that it would allow Daniele
Terdina, Richard Zidlicky and other emulator authors to include it either
witht heir emulators or from their website.

Some time has passed since then, of course it might have changed by now...

Since the QL Emulators CD is itself freeware (i.e. it can be copied freely)
it does seem a difficult situation. I'm not sure if the emulator authors
could technically say if you want TK2, get a copy of the Emulators CD, but I
suppose the copyright holder could then say that as the TK2 isn't being used
with an emulator which didn't come off the CD (e.g. a full registered
version or a later version than on the CD) the situation might be less than
clear cut.

Over to the legal team for advice!