On  Sat, 28 Aug 2004 at 17:38:09, Marcel Kilgus wrote:
(ref: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>)

Tony Firshman wrote:
Have fun, Marcel
Not nearly as much fun as you I think.

I WISH you to have fun. To actually have it is your job ;-)
I will try, but sailing beats most activities I have planned in the near future.

Sounds a great holiday. What sort of boat?

Steal boat,
Where did you pinch it from then (8-)# You mean 'steel' of course.
15 meters, 27 tons. And I even have a way to stay
on-topic: I gathered it has an on-board QL (SGC, Aurora, Minerva and
RomDisq)!
Yippee - it -is- ONT (8-)#
It's supposed to communicate with all the instruments
(compass, log, GPS etc), but I'm not sure how advanced this project
is. I'll see.
Wow - who has this marvel? What hardware does he use to communicate? I2C I hope as he (she?) has Minerva.

Ah - I saw a later email. Jens -does- have my I2C. Knowing what he has done in the past, it should work.

I used to have a 9 metre steel 'narrow boat' on a canal near here. There are not too many waves on the canal, other than from people on shore.

Tel him I would love to see the boat before you leave. I assume you are going from near Hove?

Tony
--
         QBBS (QL fido BBS 2:252/67) +44(0)1442-828255
     tony@<surname>.co.uk  http://www.firshman.co.uk