----- Original Message -----
From: "Marcel Kilgus"
Subject: Re: [ql-users] Canon Printers

> gwicks wrote:
> > More provocatively, in April 2004 three leading lights of the QL
community
> > sat on a Florida beach and decided that solving the printer problem was
one
> > of the main tasks for the 12 months ahead. We are now almost halfway
through
> > that 12 months. Could they give a progress report please?
>
> Third beach boy speaking. Thing is, I haven't printed from an QL
> system for probably a decade. *I* don't need printing. *Despite* this
> fact I put all the thoughts and work into it that I did. The response
> as you probably know was next to nil, so I pretty much stopped caring.

Thanks for the reply and to Jochen and Roy too. I did post this item a bit
tongue in cheek to illustrate the point that we are unlikely to get a quick
or easy solution to the printer problem.

In fact I am moving in the same direction as you. I prefer to do all Just
Words! work on a laser, which is cheaper and more durable than an inkjet. It
is easy to transfer to PC format via QL-2-PC Transfer and save to dos1_.
This can then be picked up by a PC program. Other QL output can be saved to
file and then transferred to PC. At the beginning of this year I moved all
my spreadsheets to PC. I prefer it because it is easier to use both Euros
and £s together in a spreadsheet and also much easier to print out because
PCs use vector fonts. Even LineDesign output can be transferred to PC
format.

Now wordprocessing......

Best Wishes,
Geoff