On  Wed, 27 Oct 2004 at 19:06:05, David Tubbs wrote:
(ref: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>)

>At 13:38 27/10/2004 +0100, you wrote:
>
>>Far better though is what I have (almost) set up.  This is a dedicated
>>Cisco VOIP phone.  Worldnews is setting up a central server.
>>
>>This will allow me to use it as a phone to call and receive anywhere
>>without installing software.  All it needs is a network connection that
>>will assign an IP address and connect to the internet.  It will then
>>connect automatically with our server.
>
>A bit more detail ?
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00801b1b04.html
<URL:http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00801b1b04.html>

I know pretty well nothing about the system - someone at worldnews is
setting it up.

>But yes , think I will do that Skype, mind if I call you to test ?
Of course.  I might have to search for the headphones.  Tonight is the
only possibility.  I am mainly away from tomorrow until next Tuesday.

>I should imagine it would be Bebelous * for a large conference, a CHAT
>room would be OK for that.
Of course.  A voice conference would be impossible.

Tony
--
         QBBS (QL fido BBS 2:252/67) +44(0)1442-828255
     tony@<surname>.co.uk  http://www.firshman.co.uk