David Tubbs wrote:
> Dont know what it is like round your way, but over here in Cambs the
> local  recycling dumps hold quite a bit of old IT kit.
One of my colleagues here used to work in a furniture recycling centre and he's
told me that a lot of what goes into recycling depots in general is actually
useable - people send them there knowing that they are fit to use, but they do
not fit the need they have for the bits at the time and are deperate for the
space or whatever.

Sounds like it might be a case for making contacts at the local recycling
centres. Do the QL scene a favour by rescuing old printers, do the environment
a favour by putting them back into use rather than into a landfill.