I agree, in a democracy there is only one healthy response when the
humble servant of the membership who has been honoured with the post
of chairman of a hobby club tells people what to think and
say and that is to think: resign Mr Chairman resign now and
vote against him at the next election.

BTW leaving aside who owns this list which has been clarified by
Bruce Nicholls there are troubling elements in Mr Masons email :

1) The precise timing of the emails referred to and in particular the
4 minute response to the original email that upset Mr Mason - the
nearest I have in timing in my archive (deleted folder) is one thanking
the sender of the first for his work in setting up the meeting and
indicating that he is looking forward to it. Whats upsetting about that?

2) The almost defamatory email of saturday 12th November :
Which saturday the 12th November was  that email sent.
We haven't had a saturday 12th November this year.

The size of the  outburst along with the use of precise
detail which is inaccurate, language and capitalisation can be taken
to indicate a colossal stress level in the sender so perhaps a change
of chairman should be contemplated for the good of Mr Masons health?

Best wishes

Duncan Neithercut