In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, John Taylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes

On Sunday, December 12, 2004, at 04:34 PM, John Hall wrote:

This may not be the only reason why Stuart (sic) stopped trading but,
from conversations I had with him at the time, I am sure it was a
contributory factor...

This may not be correct. Whilst Stuart claimed he could no longer sell the SGC's because of the EMC directive he was happy to sell them to Quanta and let Quanta market them. At the time Microsoft had just released their Widows 95 system which required users to drastically update their RAM. The cost of memory chips went sky high making the SGC uneconomic. Quanta increased the price and Quanta bore the risk that they could then sell batches of 50.

<clip>

...Now 'Widows 95' is quite a nice concept .... all those lonely computer users that M$ has created ... :-)

--
Malcolm Cadman