In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Rich Mellor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 17:29:49 +0000, Malcolm Cadman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Rich Mellor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 19:40:52 +0000, Malcolm Cadman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

Can anyone test this code for a boot file to switch colour mode from
QPC2 ?

QPC2 is started in QL Colours 800x600 full screen window.

The boot file listing is to change it over to High Colour, to then run a programme in that mode.

On my system it messes up the screen ... :-( ... so be warned before you try it out.

I tried it on my system - 800x600 in both windows mode and full screen mode.

No problems I get the completely black screen I expect and can type normally.

Suggest you try it in Windows Mode as well

I glad the code is working for you, and for your assistance in establishing it.

Is there anything else that you set on your system that I could have omitted ?

No... I wonder if it is linked to your graphics drivers, for example I might have a later version of DirectX (I have v9.0c). Suggest you run Windows Update and check for optional downloads as well.

That could be a thought ...

If I remember when I installed DirectX it was at v8 ?

Do you have a 'direct' address where it is available from on the M$ site ?

--
Malcolm Cadman