On  Mon, 24 Jan 2005 at 21:26:08, Roy wood wrote:
(ref: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>)

>Jochen, Marcel and myself are planning to be in Spain at some point
>between 1st and 16th of June. This is partly our usual excursion to get
>Marcel and I third degree sunburn and throw ourselves down impossible
>Roller Coasters but we would like to combine it with meeting up with QL
>users there.
>
>You would not need to organise much. a small room with some tables and
>power sockets would do. If there is any interest in getting this
>together we need to know now.
>
>It does not have to be a big event and it does not have to be that
>commercially oriented. Anyone interested?
Me of course.

Madrid or Barcelona are obvious destinations from the UK - cheap
Easyjet.  The furthest from June 18 seems best.  I would have difficulty
in taking two weekends in a row off.

I have good contacts in Madrid - a choir I sing in has had joint
concerts many times with a Madrid choir. A member of the UK choir has
businesses in Madrid and spends half his life there.  I bet I could find
a free room (in a school or college) in Madrid. Half of the Madrid choir
are teachers or lecturers it seems. I will enquire.

How many Spanish users could come to Madrid?  Rail services from the
south are -very- good and not expensive.

Tony

--
         QBBS (QL fido BBS 2:252/67) +44(0)1442-828255
     tony@<surname>.co.uk  http://firshman.co.uk