----- Original Message ----- From: "Adrian Graham" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, February 06, 2005 11:15 PM
Subject: [ql-users] Coursemaster?

Hi all,

I've had a mail from someone called 'ever_hopefull' looking for info:

-----------------------------
I had a programe for the ql called COURSEMASTER. It was a horse racing
predictor programe.
Anyone know of this, as I have lost my copy and would like to try it again?

Has anyone heard of this? I haven't, but that's not saying much :)

Cheers,

--
Adrian/Witchy
This program was published by Intraset Ltd, 6 Gilderdale Close, Gorse Covert, Birchwood, Warrington, Cheshire, WA3 6TH

There was a review of the program in QL World, July 89, page 26 (that issue is the one with the 'Mona Lisa' portrait on the front. The reviewer was Andrew Shepard and it wasn't a glowing review.

Sorry I can't help with the actual program, but the address and review might jog some memories. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find some adverts from the company to see if they published anything else for the QL, although according to the review this program was also available for other computers.

Another QL program in a similar vein was called Gee-Gee System by Phil Jones and Andy Cserbakoi and published by CGH Services.

I found the review using the Chris Adams QL World index program and spent a good ten minutes browsing a couple of issues either side of the review date, which was very interesting if a little bit of a risky thing to start in that usually when I start browsing old QL magazines I'm there for the rest of the day!