In a message dated 19/03/05 10:26:08 GMT Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

> Are you using the sound device by Simon Goodwin or Wolfgang's Extensions?
> If you use the latter, you won't be able to play 10 or 40KHz samples which
> will sound too fast or too slow respectively.
> There is a trick to get it to work correctly on the Qx0, however I do not
> exactly remember what I did. I am sure Rich has kept notes on the issue
> (and how we solved it)

You don't need extensions to make sound. I have been experimenting on my Q60
and Q40 by CALLing some simple assembler code which uses the SSS system
directly. I am told that some of the sounds I produce are like wolf whistles.
All
you have to do is make up a mixture of sine waves of varying amplitude and
frequency and listen to the result. Just to complete the program I display the
first part of the two or three second wave on the screen.

George