In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Ken Bain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
I thought it might be nice to have a QPC setup on a USB flashdrive. Here's what I did
1 plugged in the flashdrive (16M Smartmedia in a reader/writer)
2 formatted it
3 copied the QPC folder (default: c:\windows\program files\QPC2 ) and contents onto the flashdrive
4 copied the win file (default: c:\Qxl.win ) into the QPC2 folder on the flashdrive
5 opened this folder, run QPC2.EXE to show the configuration dialogue
6 opened 'devices' and set win1 to .\win1 ie dot backslash filename
7 Saved it, and create a shortcut to QPC2 .exe outside the folder, for neatness.

dot backslash is dosspeak for ' look in the current directory'. It isn't listed in any of the dos manuals I've got, although dot dot backslash is. ('look in parent directory' ) Anyway it works and means you can plug the drive in to any suitable windows PC and need not tell qpc the absolute address for each PC.

This flashdrive setup has worked in XP pro, Win2000pro, Win98.
Astonish your friends. Impress gullible women. Go forth and multitask!

Ken Bain

This should be in the next QLToday Dilwyn. Useful information.
I do a similar thing but always have to set the directory in QPC2 this is neat.
--
Roy Wood
Q Branch. 20 Locks Hill, Portslade, Sussex.BN41 2LB

  • ... Ken Bain
    • ... Norman
      • ... Phoebus R. Dokos (Φοίβος Ρ. Ντόκος)
    • ... Ken Bain
    • ... Roy wood
    • ... Dilwyn Jones
    • ... Dilwyn Jones