In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Duncan Neithercut <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
Hi Roy

I always read your bit in QLToday first, its always about innovation.
I saw two of your clients had a problem with QCDEZE and the QDT CDrom.
You have found a new way of getting software support. You could have
got help quicker if you had emailed me. Did you check which version(s)
of QCDEZE was being used.
I thought he had been in touch with you himself and I was just reporting it in case anyone else had a problem like it and could not solve it. I had always had a great appreciation of your work - no slur was intended. By the way I would be happy if you could write a bit about the use of QCDEZE for inclusion in the Start Here series in the next issue of QLT.
<SNIP>
As for the name shortening, sorry but you only have Bill Gates to
blame for that one as you must have used a PC to burn the CD. The
names on the ISO9660 part of the CD are short due to DOS short file
name conventions, directories are not part of the file name in DOS. If
you had burnt it on an Amiga there would be no problems with filename
length. I only got my head around Windows LFNs last year when I wrote
my FAT16 CFcard programme, so its not part of QCDEZE. It was no fun
and I would need to be paid money to put it in.
I suppose it works in QPC2 because that accesses the files using Windows. Interesting. I had not thought of that. More for the next column them

Glad to see someone reads the columns then - I do wonder at times.
--
Roy Wood
Q Branch. 20 Locks Hill, Portslade, Sussex.BN41 2LB