Hi all, esp. John,

I have still to get definitive pricing on the USB drives, but this would
hinge greatly on how many we would potentially order. Ideally, 100 or more
would yield the best price, but then again we have to make sure we can sell
then on quickly, as the prices change very quickly on items like this.
Suffice to say I can get 64Mb ones for about a fiver, but that's today and
may not be tomorrow. These are now obsolete and we have existing stock only
- 128Mb is now the smallest we do, with 4Gb being the biggest. We had 32Mb
ones last week, don't now.... completely sold out.

I'm pretty sure I can get the best prices, as they are made by us, and
therefore we are getting 'direct from manufacturer' prices, plus I am staff,
so can order at cost price. The savings ain't gonna be huge as we are
talking about margins of 3-7% on stuff in here anyway, but a saving it will
be.

Basically, it entails getting a concrete OK from QUANTA to buy some. Then we
will need somebody or somebodies to write a front end, and copy the data to
them (at USB speeds, this is a very quick procedure).

So, what we need is some quanta money, and someone to write the software to
drive the thing - a certain Welshman would be ideal... (Hint hint) but far
be it from me to volunteer him!! :-))

I propose we get 64Mb ones if any at all, but we'd need to move fast as
128Mb is the way we are moving now, and these are about 8 pounds ish... This
could then be split into say, a 40Mb QXL.WIN, and then some 24Mb for some PC
files outside it (zip files, or the QL manual in word.doc format of
whatever). Copies of the emulators inc. QPC2 demo etc would be essential,
and a little INTRO.DOC file giving some QL background and info on the
programs.

Darren.