Hi John,

Wen I bought a Q40 many years ago, when it first came, I also had problems with DRVLINK losing data on a Q40 style hard disk partition.
So I never used it again.

I was going to delete it from the support disks with he Q60, but others around me said that this is a supplied program and should be used with care.

My personal feeling were it should never be used, as the source is not available. Unless it is in the SMSQ/E source, maybe Wolfgang can correct me here.

Derek

John Hall wrote:
Dilwyn Jones wrote:

Tony Tebby did at one stage provide a couple of qxl.win checking and
recovery programs written in SBASIC (drvlink and drvcheck or some
such names) don't know if those are still supplied and indeed if
they work on current systems.

DRVLNK (the one that performs various consistency checks) works fine
on QXL.WIN files but should NOT be used on Q40/Q60 partitions - in a
moment of madness over Xmas I "checked" my WIN1 and lost the lot!

(Of course the _really_ stupid bit was accepting its offer to "fix"
the cluster map...)

John