A4 A5

There is a troglodyte, living far out in the desert, running a solar powered MDV only 128 QL. He does NOT have access to the Internet.

Is there anyone else that does not have a phone line and a PC, or access to the web from the office, a library or an Internet caff ? If these resources are not utilised that does not mean they are unavailable.

I am outside a locked door, the key is in my pocket. Whether I enter or not I DO have access !

The costs of printing & postage could be saved, the subscription slashed, anyone who wants a paper copy to hang in the little room can print it out.

But the real advantage of the down-loadable version is surely that any programme content, basic or assembler can used as is without having to type it all in is that an I or an l or a 1 ?

I think a straight forward WORD doc is better than a pdf, more easily modifiable for printout, content, size and/or page order.

And as for GWICKS quote :-
However no one on the Quanta Committee has experience of either so we would have to have external expertise.

Says it all in spades  why are they "running" a computer group ?

I am sure that members & users interests would be better served by a coalition of traders, they have the expertise and an active scene is in their interest. Online conferenceing via Skype could replace travelling expenses too.