> AFAIAA, 'C' was a development of the [typeless] language 'B' which was a
> development of the language 'BCPL' (available at one time for the BBC
> micro).

Intersetingly enough, and if my memory serves me correctly, wasn't BCPL
available from MetaComCo (hope I got the capitalisation correct !) for the QL
as well.

On a different note, the current PC Plus edition has a feature about the top 50
technological breakthroughs that didn't quite hit the main stream. In at number
42  (or 43) is our beloved Sinclair QL. A small piece about it follow then we
have Dilwyn's web site address as the 'further details' link.

Fame at last Dilwyn !

And on a third subject, I am sadly bereft of Laptop at the moment having
suffered a total and complete disc failure. Luckily I did have a backup this
time - at least of my business stuff - but I've lost a shed load of old emails
from this list etc. Obviously this happened outside of the warranty period.

Luckily, I have my QPC 'on a stick' so that still works, well, it will when I
get the disc replaced and everything restored. I don't suppose there's ever
going to be a QPC-Linux by any chance ?  Sorry for asking Marcel - but I just
had to - when my laptop is rebuilt it will not have XP on it any more (unless I
need it for QPC) as Suse 10 has everything I need and works far better.

Cheers,
Norm.