----- Original Message -----
From: "Marcel Kilgus" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, December 15, 2005 8:20 PM
Subject: Re: [ql-users] QPC

> Bill Waugh wrote:
>> In Sbasic
>> I enter - open#3,par
>>               print #3, ' Hi '             ---- result nothing
>> if I then enter again -  open #3, par           ----- result prints  Hi
>>
>> Strange
>
> No, perfectly logical. As I wrote, printing only starts once the
> channel is closed. In order to open it again, it has to be closed
> first, that's why it prints on the second open. I.e.
>
> open#3,par
> print #3, ' Hi '
> close #3
>
> will work as well.
>
> Marcel
 Yep it does, as does NEW I just found as it closes open channels, sorry I
missed that part of your mail ( rushing about making tea )
not sure how I manage this printing from Archive though, I'm only printing
four or five lines ( name +  3 or 4 address line ).
Also I  managed this fine last year, probably I have upgraded QPC since then
though.
Thanks for your reply

All the best - Bill