Hi Bill,

no, confusion. Ralf asked about "programming", not the Windows settings.

I referred to the Windows settings. Try right-clicking the printer,
properties, "Advanced" or "Extended" or whatever (I can't tell, I've
got a German Windows) and there you can disable the spooling.
Nothing to do with "programming". I just MENTIONED that *I* had to
do this to get my ESC/POS printer working, i.e. reacting on every byte
sent without having to open and close the port all the time.

Cheers   Jochen

Bill Waugh wrote:
> [...]

Jochen Merz Software - Kaiser-Wilhelm-Str. 302 - D-47169 Duisburg
    Tel. +49-(0)203-502011      Fax +49-(0)203-502012
    Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]       Homepage: http://SMSQ.J-M-S.COM