On  Mon, 9 Jan 2006 at 19:53:35, Engstler Karsten wrote:
(ref: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>)

>Hello Tony,
>

>>The only satisfactory way  do this is find a deep AT case, and fit
>>everything inside using a good back plane to mount GC and Qubide (eg
>>Mplane).  Mplane will also allow you to mount both GC and the
>>motherboard on the base of the case.
>>The only disadvantage of doing  this is you will need a keyboard
>>interface (superHermes or Diren) for an AT keyboard.
>
>I have feared to get this answer, i hoped to had a chance to led the
>QL resist in his case. I have enough ugly PC's Cases standing around.
Well it would all _just_ work, but you are likely to have a very
crashable  QL.
You will probably also have to rebuild your hard disk directory map
every once in a while.  However this is a very very difficult job, and I
only managed it with the help of Phil Borman - who  wrote the qubide
code.

I suffered this problem in my BBS in the early hard disk stages.
I had two separate all night sessions with Phil Borman rescuing my hard
disk.

All has been 100% OK since I started using Mplane.

Tony

--
         QBBS (QL fido BBS 2:252/67) +44(0)1442-828255
          tony@<surname>.co.uk  http://firshman.co.uk