Tony Firshman wrote:
> On  Sun, 29 Jan 2006 at 14:14:26, Ralf Reköndt wrote:
> (ref: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>)
>
> Ralf/
>
>> I had a QL, where the surface of the 8301 seemed to be made of ceramic,
>> instead others, which had a plastic surface.
>>
>> Mine works very reliable through the QL's whole life. Maybe that's the
>> difference? I also had a CUB.
>>
>  Yes - circumstantial evidence suggests the ceramic 8301 is more
> durable.  It will often be labelled 2345.
>
> Tony

Military parts are invariably ceramic - You wouldn't normally expect to
qualify a plastic part for the military environment. Plastic is normally
much cheaper though, so I'm surprised that Sinclair would have used
ceramic - unless there was a temporary shortage and they needed to keep
the production run going.

Jeremy