In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Rick Chagouri-Brindle
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes

>> As a more recent returnee to the QL scene, I don't know if you feel
>> the same, that after using PCs all day at work it's nice to come home
>> to a QL for a change :-)
>>
>Definitely!  In fact, for me, I think one of the attractions of
>retro-computing is that it is more of a challenge. My PCs  at work and
>home - both Kubuntu Linux workstations dual-booting with WindowsXP
>aren't much of a challenge any more . . .

Umm ... with all that "gear", Rick, you are going to enjoy QL emulators
when you get around to it ... :-)

I agree that retro-computing is still fun though. With original
hardware.

If you need any items then let me know.  I help to organise the London
QL and Quanta Group, and we have a growing collection of hardware,
software, etc.

Worth also looking up Rich Mellor's web site :

http://www.rwapsoftware.co.uk

He has second-user items for sale there. We as a Group use this service
to sell items.  As do Quanta.

You may also be interested in the QWord game - which comes on a CD and
just loads on to PC.

Other sites to check out Roy Woods QBranch :

http://www.qbranch.demon.co.uk

Jochen Mertz site :

http://www.smsq.j-m-s.com

Then, of course, Dilwyns site is full of information :

http://www.dilwyn.uk6.net

Well, that lot should get you interested for a start ... :-) ... there
are lots more .....

--
Malcolm Cadman