I am not sure what you mean.  I just type my email address in, literally,
into a Google search box. What did you think I meant? It used to find
dozens - but there is only one now.

>>> I receive a large amount of spam at my primary ntlworld address
>>> (>150/day)  - the spam started before I'd even used the address, so I
>>> suspect that ntl sell their lists of primary addresses. I've since
>>> decided to make it my sacrificial spam address, and use it exclusively
>>> for signing onto sites that require a registration email address. I'm
>>> not sure how useful Tony's advice is -  a google search fails to find
>>> anything on the web with that particular address.

Very useful if that is the source (8-)#  Not in your case it seems.

I often wonder who are the fools who respond to spam.  If no-one ever got
results, then the number would reduce.  Loads must need \/1agra (8-)#

It is the Nigerian scam (in caps) and copiers that amazes me.  The police
took it seriously when someone went to Nigeria to sort it out with the
perpetrators, and was shot dead.

Tony