In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Malcolm Cadman
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
>In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Dilwyn Jones
><[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes

>>> Thanks, Dilwyn.
>>>
>>> I always liked that program when I used it on SuperBASIC.
>>>
>>> So, I will try the revised version with some interest.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Malcolm Cadman
>>It was a very interesting experience tackling an update of a program I
>>wrote some 15 or 16 years ago!  Especially as I don't use Turbo much
>>these days. Although I did cring a bit at some of my own programming
>>techniques in those days!
>>
>>It was quite a pleasure going through some of the many improvements
>>George has made to Turbo in recent years - it was great being able to
>>link the extensions into the program like we do with QLiberator, for
>>example, although I used Basconfig to make the config block rather
>>than George's own TConfig system (not investigated that yet).
>>
>>If you do find bugs, please let me know while the update is still
>>fairly fresh in my mind!
>
>I will make a download this weekend.
>
>I haven't tried using the configure block, so your comments are
>interesting.

Just downloaded the new version, and made an initial try out with a
large SuperBASIC program.

It all appears OK.  The menu is easy to select and the sort is fast.

Just one thing appears misleading, which is that the memory report is
giving the program size as a minus figure with 8 numbers.  This is
running under QPC2. So, something in the routine there is amiss, I
suspect.

--
Malcolm Cadman