>>Is the following correct?
>>QL A - Working microdrives.  Supports Trump Card only, but not SGC or
GC.
>>QL B - Non-working microdrives.  Supports Trump Card and Gold Card,
but
>>not SGC.

Both correct

>>What happens with QL A when (a) SGC is plugged in and (b) GC is
plugged in
>>?

Update : The GC does nothing in QL A. its a blank screen. I've tried
with 68008
removed.

>>Please re-check with a second PSU as that may be a cause of some of
your
>>problems (hmm now this is where you need a voltmeter, in case neither
PSU
>>is providing the required output).

Got a voltage Meter yesterday from Maplin

Results : PSU supplied from RWAP.... 11.35V constant value
               PSU 2 ..... approx 12.8V which drops to about 11.8V and
then springs back to 12.8V then drops to 11.8V etc

Both PSU's work with QL B with GC.

PSu makes no difference to QL A with SGC or GC.

>>I am very suprised that neither microdrive works on QL B - normally
MDV2
>>will work if not MDV1. A solution is often to see if the rubber
roller on
>>the left hand side as you look in the microdrive slot may have worked
its
>>way up the post.  Push it back down and it often solves the problem.

Microdrives in QL A 'sound' healthier than in QL B.... if you know what
I mean.

QL B - D06 sereal Number JS roms from RWAP
QL A - No serial number on Base but going by T.Firshmans checksheet, it
looks
like it's a late QL Model.

The contents of this email are confidential to the intended recipient.
It may not be disclosed to or used by anyone other than the addressee, nor may
it be copied in any way. If received in error, please contact the company on
01793-715380, then delete it from your system. Please note neither the company
nor the sender accepts any responsibility for viruses and it is your
responsibility to scan attachments (if any) for viruses.
No contract may be concluded on behalf of the company by means of email
communications.

BC Services (UK) Limited (trading as Boxclever), Technology House,
Ampthill Road, Bedford, MK42 9QQ.  Registered No. 5290544 England

 www.boxclever.co.uk