[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>> Have just got my Aldi computer setup  - Dual core Pentium 2.8, 1 Gig
>> ram, 250 Gig hard drive,  and Windows Vista home Premium.
>>

> By any chance Bill, do you have an Apple iPod?
>
> If so, DO NOT CONNECT IT TO VISTA.
>
> Sorry about shouting there but it appears that Apple have issued an edict
> about this very subject, Vista will, apparently, trash you iPod operating
> system in one way or another. There's a message somewhere on the Apple web
> site (or similar) - sorry I can be more specific than that.
> fo
>
> Cheers,
> Norman.

Thanks for the warning Norman, no I don't have an Ipod, me being me I
bought a Sony netWalkman a couple of years ago, I downloaded the latest
version of there software for it ( Sonic stage) yesterday morning and
spent time I should have spent doing something else loading all my
favourate tracks into it ( 780 ), these can then be selected and loaded
into the Sony.
It will probably hold about 400 tracks.
Why Sony - battery life, while most MP3 players were quoting 10 hours
the Sony can give upto 70 although I find nearer 50/60.
Also why does an old fart like me want a MP3 player, well with the use
of a slightly illegal transmiter I can play my favourite music through
the tractor radio during the long harvest days

All the best - Bill