In France, abandonware is illegal too unless the author give the permission
to redistribute his software for free. That named this intellectual property
and it is valid up to 70 years. There is still a problem when the software
is owned by a company which has closed. In this case, I think the orginal
author (the person) retake his right of property. It is because I'm
searching to enter in contact with Alexandre GASSMANN (the author of Nebula
II) but I can't find him.

To be more positive on http://www.lankhor.net/ you can find some software
edited by Lankhor as they seems to give their permission.

Jimmy.