> I have to install a new 24 partition backup hard disk for my BBS.
> Considering it was a partly non-working ex-Windows disk back in
> 1998, it
> has lasted pretty well.
>
> The main hard disk has been working perfectly since 1986 I think.
>
> Anyway I am hitting all the bugs in partition_obj 1.54 that I
> remember
> last time.  It often simply doesn't action the new partition
> dialogue.
> However it hit the jackpot just now.  I successfully defined 24
> partitions via the *very* clunky interface (some questions demand
> enter
> and others don't, it forgets previous block size, and the vital
> final
> 'y' is not displayed).  I then formatted the first 3 partitions, but
> after "formatting" the 4th, it lost the definitions for all but
> partition 1.  Partition 1 is just fine!
>
> Is there a later de-bugged version?
The last version I had was a version 2.00 designed for the version 2
Qubide ROM.

The most recent version prior to that was a v1.52 designed for use
with the v1.54 ROM.

(these version numbers are as listed in the partition program .txt
files)

There's a few versions of Qubide ROMs and associated Utility disks on
my website (QL ROMs page) if you want to try them.