----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, October 08, 2007 4:46 PM
Subject: Re: [Ql-Users] Punters

> Hi Geoff,
>
>>> Just a word of caution. Please be careful in your assumptions about
>>> the person who raised the matter with me. It is someone I have known
>>> for many years and for whom I have a good deal of respect. This is
>>> the reason I have raised the matter on this list.
>
> Well, hopefully I didn't make any assumptions in my assorted rants - I was
> ranting in general and not at any one person in person. I do not know who
> the 'objector' was and certainly cannot make any assumptions about that
> person at all.
>
> If, on the other hand, my email(s) were taken to have assumed something
> about the person, then I apologise unreservedly as that was not my
> intention.

Also on my part there was no intention to accuse you or anyone else of
personal critcism of the person in question. I just thought we could be
going in a dangerous direction in which some readers might just draw this
conclusion.

I would repeat yet again. My main purpose is to raise this as a serious
matter, and on the whole the discussion has had the right balance of serious
comment, humour and passion,

Best Wishes,

Geoff