I received 4 identical copies of Chirs' mail.  All seemingly 'sent' at
1803;  but received 1806 to 2107.  A record?  'Course, could be my ISP :(
Chris said -

'I have just had to re-setup my little Canon BJ-10ex  printer to use with
Quill - no apologies for using such ancient kit - and wonder whether I
have made it more complicated than necessary? The problem arose with the
UKPound sign..........

I've more relevant 'til the middle of the night experience than I can bear
to remember! - but never with a Canon.

I suggest that you discretely try your option-1 OR option-2 but not AND.

Have fun - hope you crack it.  Please post.

John in Wales