On 26 Feb 2008 at 9:02, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> In the next issue of QL Today I'm starting on the Pointer Environment. To
> this end, I've started simple but I find that easier! In the second
> article - which I'm writing right now - I've built a small 'pointer
> record' decoder but I'm looking for information of what exactly is set
> in the event vector at the end of each call to IOP_RPTR.

Hi Norman,

The event vector is described pretty well at around p.13 of the QPTR manual
(just before the
"what you get" section)..

There are 4 "levels" to it, Pointer, Subwindow, Window and Job, each
corresponding to a byte in
the event vector long word.

The documentation for IOP_RPTR.says that upon return of the call, all bytes are
set to 0, except
the LSB (the "Pointer" level).
However, when that was drafted (at least the copy I have), the job event byte
(sending events to
jobs) didn't exist yet, I presume it is NOT zero'd on exit, but am not sure.

The bits in the pointer byte correspond to the following:

pt..kyst equ    0       keystroke  in window event bit
pt..kypr equ    1       keypress in window event bit
pt..kyup equ    2       key up in window event bit
pt..move equ    3       pointer move event bit
pt..outw equ    4       pointer out of window bit
pt..inwn equ    5       pointer in window bit
pt..ofsc equ    6       pointer off screen bit

Each bit is set if the event took place.
Hence, for example, your $2B (=00101011 binary) means
that there was a keystroke in the window and a keypress, the pointer moved and
was inside the
window.

Hope this helps.

I haven't seen Bruce's email, or at least I don't remember it.
What did he ask?

Wolfgang