[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes

>The  question here is what you get back from the device : do you get the
entire TCP  (stack) info
>back, or just the data?

Hi Wolfgang,

As far is I can see from the website the NetPort device is suitable for
connecting to many non computer industrial devices, like vending machines &
instrumentation & measurement devices, fire and security  panels & also hand
held
computing devices and can be set  up for these devices in minutes which would
suggest that it translates the  TCP/IP network data into the straight forward
type of serial data  that these types of devices would demand.

I am going to have a look at the documentation for Lynx before deciding to
investigate further. One concern I have is making the netport device visible
to my modem router as I am not familiar with networking concepts.

Duncan