From: Dilwyn Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: QL Users List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, 18 April, 2008 9:30:21 AM
Subject: Re: [Ql-Users] Xchange with HP Laserprinter

> I have just collected my LaserJet 6P from the repairers and would
> like
> to be able to use it with PSION programs. So, if anyone has already
> set
> up the Psion driver for this, or similar LJets, I too would very
> much
> like to know. In the meantime, does anyone have a driver for a
> DeskJet
> 500? For this machine I don't even have a user's manual.
I don't know if this will be of much help: on the documents pages on
my website you'll find (a) a list of deskjet control codes and (b) a
couple of articles I wrote in Toady whichinclude deskjet drivers,
although I have no idea if Deskjet drivers would work for Laserjets.

For Epson-style printers there's also programming info for them (at
least those which understand control codes).

www.dilwyn.uk6.net/docs/printers/index.html

> By way of a footnote, Jonathan Hudson's port of Ghostscript 6.0
> works
> very well with all my printers but the program to generate
> PostScript
> pages for text is large and hence slow.
Marcel and Tarquin Mills ported postscript-output programs at
some stage. I think Marcel's version came in both C and SBASIC and I
think they're on my website as well as Marcel's site. It was called
wither MBS or MPS IIRC.

www.dilwyn.uk6.net/printing/index.html

Or if you have a copy of my PD library CD, it's on disk GE54.

I think Tarquin's port of EpsonPS is also on the same web page, and it
comes complete with C68 sources.

(There are times when having such a big website can be useful...)