On 4 Sep 2008, at 10:42, hitchies wrote:

Thanks Richard for your informative and helpful machine assesments.
However, about  "....(8GB)  SSD..." I am ignorant!

SSD = Solid State Disc.

Smaller, more expensive per GB, and slower - but very hard to break. The primary drawback of a machine with a smaller one, is that upgrading it will be very expensive and difficult. For experimentation and most applications, I prefer HD equipped models in theory; in practice, mine are all SSD equipped because they're the models most available.

Richard