On 6 Sep 2008, at 18:09, P Witte wrote:

After using the eeePC 701 for a while, I gave it up as too limiting for my purposes. The battery life is crap, the fan whirres incessantly because the thing produces far too much heat. It also seems stupid to put up with a 7" screen when the box is more like 10. So all in all, after the initial rush I find I need something a little more sophisticated to get by on the move whilst having a real PC at home. The 901 seems a lot more promising but theyre still flogging the inferior 900s here, so itll have to wait. On the other hand, a couple of hundred ££ more will get you a real sub notebook..

Hi Per,

I agree that the 701 is too limiting; this is why I favour the Acer Aspire with 120GB HD. It's £229, so still well within the cheap end of the spectrum (compared to £300+ for the 901/MSI Wind) and is very small and efficient.

Do try one. The 1024 x 600 resolution over the Eee 701's 800 x 480 is a massive advantage.

Richard