In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, John Gilpin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes

Hi John,

Thanks for the message, and good luck in keeping the Quanta Magazine together.

Your personal effort is recognised and appreciated.

In an effort to avoid any erroneous "Grapevine" comments causing concern to QUANTA Members (and others) I am making the following statement on behalf of the current QUANTA Committee:-

"Due to not receiving any response to communications sent to our new Magazine Editor - Tony Hill - over a now considerable period, this committee have asked John Gilpin - QUANTA Treasurer and Membership Secretary - to stand in again as Joint Magazine editor until (at least) the AGM in April 2009. The other Joint Editor's position will remain with John Mason.

In order to notify you all of details for the forthcoming Celebration Workshop and AGM in April 2009, John G has agreed to publish Quanta Magazines for August/September/October 2008, (a three month's issue), and November/December 2008/January 2009 (another three month's issue). This will bring us up to the end of Volume 25. He has also agreed to publish a Magazine for February/March 2009 which will be our "Celebration Issue" - QUANTA will be 25 years old in February 2009."

End of Statement.

Having resigned the position of Joint Editor in April 2008, I was able to take on other personal commitments which have been on the back burner for some considerable time. I was asked by Tony Hill to help out with the April/May 2008 issue due to his sickness and I found it very demanding with my new found commitments. When no response was received from Tony regarding the June/July 2008 issue, I once again squeezed another issue into my overcrowded schedule albeit published nearly two months late!! The situation seems to be ongoing and if QUANTA Members are to receive their Magazines on time and of a reasonable quality, a new Magazine Editor MUST BE FOUND by April 2009 as I cannot guarantee my time to continue to do this job after that date. Nominations should be sent to:- Sarah Gilpin - QUANTA Secretary as soon as possible please. All possible advice and support will be given to any new applicant.

In the meantime, please bear with me while I try to get the information together for the next issue which I hope will be published by the end of this month (November 2008). Any material for inclusion into that issue (or any future issue) should be sent to me, John Gilpin - [EMAIL PROTECTED] or by post to the address inside the front cover of previous issues of QUANTA Magazine.

Thank you all for your perseverance and co-operation.

Kind regards,

John Gilpin - QUANTA Joint Editor (still!!)
On behalf of both myself and the QUANTA Committee.

--
Malcolm Cadman