To: <ql-us...@q-v-d.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2009 11:50 AM
Subject: Re: [Ql-Users] QLIB Free-Running Procedures

Ralf,

my manual doesn't mention the restriction to the interpreter. What
version do you have?
The problem is, it seems to work halfway - The procedure actually does
run in a separate job - But it seems to fail to signal completion to the
parent job and the parent job just hangs.
I'll have a try on native QDOS - Maybe it works there?

It would be nice if it worked, however. I used to use the "EX"  method
mentioned by George, but this gives you problems locating the daughter
job's code file in the file system (I know I could work around this with
the HOME_DIR). But I would just like to have everything in one single
self-contained binary.

Regards
Tobias