From: Malcolm Cadman <q...@mcad.demon.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [Ql-Users] omega\zip 100
To: ql-us...@q-v-d.com
Date: Monday, 2 March, 2009, 6:30 PM

In message <260716.16723...@web87110.mail.ird.yahoo.com>,
arnold.cla...@talk21.com writes

Hi Arnold,

I have an Omega 250 Zip Drive, which attaches to a PC through the
external parallel port.

However, it has its own Installation software that has to be installed
to get the Drive to be recognised.

Win XP is not too fond of the Driver Installation though, and can
complain.

Other versions of Windows, like 95 and 98, seem to be more tolerant.

Once the Driver is installed it is just recognised as any other Drive,
and given a Letter to identify it.

I have used QPC2 from the 250 Zip Drive - QXL.WIN - with no problems.

I believe that the Qubide interface is IDE.  So, you will need that type
of connection for the Zip Drive to work.

I have an Omega 100 Zip Drive and I would like to be able to attache it
to my Aurora but how can I do it?.

I have Qubide 2.1

Arnold