John Gilpin wrote:

And here's yet another one for you:-

Having LRESPRed various extensions in my Boot program, what would cause some or all of the resulting EXTRAS to disappear from the EXTRAS list?

Having run the boot, I have checked the EXTRAS list and been happy that what I wanted is there. Then, after allowing the boot program to call the next program in the sequence using ex 'win1_next program.exe' which subsequently returns on completion, I find that re running the same boot

Do you seriously mean RE running the same boot program after LRESPRing the extensions? Some extensions may not like being LRESPRed more than once!

program fails since some of EXTRAS are no longer there. What sort of error should I be looking for?

If you mean that you continue running the boot program after executing some other program, you may be looking at some dodgy extensions or corrupt files

Is there a way of stepping through a BASIC program, line by line, for debugging purposes? If so how?

You could try something like this:

(assumes no gotos etc or RENUM source file first and save)

set line_number% to 10
open_in#input file_to_debug
open_new#output debug_file

loop until end of input file:
        input#input line$
        remove line number from line$
        print#output: line_number%! "list"! line_number%! ":pause:"!
      >> line$
        increment line_number%
end loop

close all