ql-users-requ...@lists.q-v-d.com wrote:

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 23:20:48 +0000
From: Tony Firshman <t...@firshman.co.uk>
To: ql-us...@q-v-d.com
Subject: Re: [Ql-Users] aurora display

arnold.cla...@talk21.com wrote, On 11/11/09 15:47:
 When I remove Qubide everything works fine using the floppy  disk to boot up.
when reconnect Qubide it starts normal routine but when it restart with Smsq,
it stops at the first dot of the initialization dot. I have another hard disk
and it is the same with that.

Did you try qubide with no hard disk connected, as I suggested?
If OK try without a 'boot' file. If you still get a locked up QL then (of course) it is qubide that is faulty.

Anyone any suggestions on how he can investigate qubide?
All I can suggest is he cleans legs of socketed chips.
It could be a dodgy gal, I suppose.

Tony

Has anyone tried using some sillycone dielectric grease when redoing chips??
I have done this more then once my self, and did it for a customer who sent me a QL to repair that had a chip (8049 I recall) actually have several pins CORRODED away. A little dab of sillycone dielectric grease across the socket and a gentle wipe of the same on the chips pins before seating the chip really cuts back on the ability of air and air borne contaminants reaking havoc with the pins over time. (cheep source for this stuff - think automotive places, great stuff to use on spark plug wires)

--
Paul Holmgren
Mine: 2 57 300-C's in Indy