Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 12:34:43 +0100
Subject: Re: [Ql-Users] More BASIC Queries
From: "Wolfgang Lenerz" <w...@scp-paulet-lenerz.com>
To: ql-us...@q-v-d.com

On 16 Nov 2009 at 9:14, John Gilpin wrote:
>...I thought that once loaded (LRESPRd), toolkits etc remained
> loaded until the machine was powered-down. Do I have this BASIC
premise
> correct?

Yes, PROVIDED the LRESPRing is done from job 0.

I've similar problems to your over the years, and invariably found that
they were caused by two
problems:

- either bad LRESPR (i.e. not LRESPRing from job 0)
- or something wrong in the extension files themselves, (such the table
for the SBasic keyword
being set up wrongly, or the extensions having names that were too
long).

I would suggest the following course of action:

Make one boot file, in which you load (LRESPR) ALL of the various
extensions that ALL of your
programs need.
(L)RUN that from job 0.

Take all of the LRESPR calls out of your programs (eg set a remark
before them), since they are
no longer needed.

Tell us if the problems then still persist.

Wolfgang