Is there any link from which can download the PCFOUR for PC?

Michael

From: "François Van Emelen" <francois.vaneme...@telenet.be>
Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 12:41 PM
To: <ql-us...@q-v-d.com>
Subject: Re: [Ql-Users] Qemulator

Tobias Fröschle schreef:
Am 22.02.2010 11:55, schrieb Tony Firshman:
Tony Firshman wrote, On 22/02/10 09:10:

For .doc, last time I added a special character at the end of every paragraph. I then made a printer driver as follows and printed to a file:

End of line -> SPACE
"Special character" -> CR/LF/CR/LF £ -> chr 156

Anything else recommended?  I cannot find the driver I made.

Tony,
PCFOUR, which is avalable from the sinclairql.es site is probably worth a try - Even if it's constantly yelling "Out of memory" at me when I try to load an otherwise valid Quill file (Which migh be caused by Windows 7 - No idea)

I have never had that problem but I have to admit I am not using 'Windows 7'. I have just opened a 212 kB quill file without problems. Files created with PCFOUR or Xchange (pc format) are not compatible with those created on the QL. Even the specific 'psion' and 'dif' formats are not exchangeable.

For Quill docs I use Norman Dunbar's QSTRIPPER. It is fast easy to use and it can save in TXT, HTML, DOCBOOK XML and PDF format. Accented vowels are converted correctly.

Regards
Tobias

Thanks again Daniele.  Qemulator has rescued some important work.

Tony