Evening Roy,

On 16/06/10 20:32, Roy Wood wrote:
I am typing this in Thunderbird (which I don't really like
but Turnpike, which dealt with these lists much better, will not run on
W7.
Funnily enough, I never got to grips with Turnpike when I first started
up with Demon. Thunderbird has been my email client of choice since it
came out. I do admit to problem with version 3 and those damned "smart"
folders (a bit like Word's Smart quotes in a way, neither of them are
smart in the slightest!). Tony had similar troubles until I told him how
to get back to normal folders. (Click the<  or>  arrows on the first tab
until the caption says "all folders" - job done!)
Yes thanks for that and life has returned to normal.
I *loved* Turnpike in every way. Their depth of matching (using regexps) was extraordinary.
I only stoppe dusing it as it did not support IMAP.
I have not found how to turn on the speal chucker which is a pain
because I can't type fro toefef - there see what I mean ?

I have a similar problem. But even after about 30 years in IT, I still
look at the keys when I'm typing, not the screen.

For spell chequeing, there's a button at the top of the "write" window
that spell cheques the selection or the entire email.

To spell as you type, edit->preferences (on Linux anyway - mayne
tools->options on Windows) then Composition, spelling tab and tick the
"enable spell checking as you type".
I have that set but it doesn't spell check.  Looks like a bug (3.0.4).
<snip>

Tony

--
QBBS (QL fido BBS 2:257/67) +44(0)1442-828255
       t...@firshman.co.uk     http://firshman.co.uk