Am 28.11.2010 16:44, schrieb Dilwyn Jones:
Um, a question from me this time...

Anyone know if Q-emuLator can print to a printer on a USB port? As far as I can see it seems to be only possible to print to a parallel LPT port on the PC, or in some cases a serial port printer if using the emulation mode.

Dilwyn,
if it doesn't, that's exactly what Marcel's QPCPrint was intended for - It's in no way tied to QPC and can, with some twiddling, create an LPT on PCs without one.

Cheers,
Tobias
Yes, I am already able to print to the USB port from QPC2, luckily this is a Epson Stylus Color 880 which has a control code set so I don't even need QPCprint, on QPC2 luckily.

I needed to run something on a QDOS system (i.e. QemuLator) which wouldn't run on SMSQ/E on QPC2. As I had never printed from this QemuLator (it's version 3 BTW) I don't know how to persuade it to print via a USB port to a printer which understands Epson control codes.

This printer has both a parallel and USB connection. In the past I have had the USB port wired to the PC and the parallel port wired to the Super Gold Card PAR port at the same time so the same printer could be shared by my Aurora and PC at the same time. Well, not at the same time, total confusion reigned if both computers tried to print at the same time. As long as I was careful not to start printing on one before the other had finished it seemed to work. I don't think it'd be advisable to connect the printer to both ports on the PC at the same time though. Anyway, I'd have to crawl behind this desk, untie the cables and find a parallel port lead just for one use I guess (and I ain't built to crawl into tight spaces anyway!)